Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lost in Austen Follow-up

I know many people liked this movie, but I didn't. It was confusing and lacking. The ending bothered me too, what would Miss Austen think? Would she think it funny or atrocious? I tend to lean toward the latter. *SPOILER ALERT* Okay, Jane marrying Collins? Ewwww, gross! Thank goodness is was never consummated! Could you imagine, ugh! Elizabeth chops her hair short like a boy, Amanda Price never changes her hair to match the time period and ends up with Darcy! I'm sure it is the dream of many a woman to end up with Darcy, but the story is ruined! People can add on to the story or make a modern version, but please PLEASE don't mess with the original. I'm sorry to those that feel different than myself. Please leave your opinion, I'd love to hear it!

4 comments:

Clare said...

I quite liked 'Lost in Austen' and didn't really mind that it wasn't very realistic. It's a fictional story about someone entering a fictional story, so realism would have been a little out of place. However, it was a little strange that her hair straighteners kept working!

morninglory kitsch said...

i agreed with you on 'confessions', so should i skip this one? by the way, i have a new austen book for you!!! mr darcy, vampyre. amanda grange. visit my blog to see it.

morninglory kitsch said...

i have finished. blogged about it. have you received it?

Sydney said...

I totally agree. The thing that was so excrusiating was that I know the true story inside and out and it just killed me to see Amanda jump in and mess it up! It was a nice attempt at a story, but dissapointing to a true austen fan.