Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

I haven't been reading any wonderful Austen books, but I did just watch the movie version of "The Jane Austen Book Club" and it was surprisingly good. I haven't read that book for a long time and I remember not really liking it so I never felt the desire to see the movie. Anyway, I was bored the other day and Netflix had it as a movie you could watch on your computer, so I did. It was pretty good.

Is it considered obsessive to watch the Twilight movie sometimes twice in one day? Since seeing the movie so many times I've been wanting to read the books again, which I just did. What is it about those dang books? They're not exactly amazing literature, but I guess they're good escapism books. It's nice to read a story about something that isn't real and never could be, but would be cool if it did . . . Enough rambling. I hope to update sooner rather than later next time. My husband and I are starting our own book club, so we can do something together. Our first book is Jungle Book. I've read it before and liked it, but it's been awhile.

1 comment:

morninglory kitsch said...

hello again, friend. it's totally not weird to watch twilight over and over. even if there are parts that induce eye-rolling.