Friday, December 12, 2008

Northanger Abbey


Many Miss Austen fans don't particularly care for Northanger Abbey, but I actually do. I find it to be one of Miss Austen's most funny novels. She has fun making fun of her heroine Catherine Moreland and her love of the Gothic novel. Miss Austen never hesitates to point out the faults of her heroines, but Catherine's just seem silly and naive.

I watched an older version of this novel-to-movie and was very disappointed. It was scary and just plain weird, but this newest movie is delightful! I don't usually use the word delightful, but it seemed to fit. The actor who plays the young Mr. Tillney is quite adorable! I also like the actress who plays Catherine. I usually don't like the casting choice for the main character in Jane Austen's movies, but I think this actress fit very well. If you haven't seen it I definitely recommend you rent it or get it from the library ASAP! I think I may even want to own a copy!

6 comments:

morninglory kitsch said...

i enjoyed this one as well. do you remember that show 'ed'? henry tilney, i thought looked very much like tom cavanagh.

Tricia B. said...

Yeah, he does look like that actor. I also thought that if you just listened to his voice you'd swear it was Jude Law.

金陵热线棋牌游戏中心 said...

After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!

Penelope said...

I agree, this was a great version, very enjoyable! It increased my liking for the novel.

http://penelopesoasis.blogspot.com/

www.jsfishnet.com said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!
Special Net

A Estudante said...

Well, I must admit that "Northanger Abbey" was not my favorite one.
I enjoyed it and I loved the actress that took the role of Catherine Morland.
I only saw this adaptation (from 2007 I guess) so I can’t make any comparison.