Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Four Queens


I happened upon this book/audio CD's at the library the other day. It's actually quite amazing when I can randomly find something on the shelf, usually I have to order things. Anyway, I originally thought that Four Queens was a fiction book. The box didn't indicate one way or they either. I looked it up when I got home and found that it was a biography of four sisters who all became queens in the 1200's.

I can't say if this depiction is correct or not since this is the first I had heard of these ladies, but I did enjoy this biography. The oldest sister marries the king of France. The second marries the king of England. The third becomes a queen really in name only of Germany and the fourth sister is only queen of Sicily for 18 months. I wish this biography focused more on the sisters rather than their husbands, but it was interesting none-the-less. If you enjoy history especially medieval history than you'll enjoy this book.

2 comments:

云南信息港游戏 said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈

decorative fishing net said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!
Saftey Net