Wednesday, October 22, 2008

British Obsession


Is there a shortage of good-looking American leading men? Hollywood seems to think so. If we love the Brits so much, why must we make them speak like Americans?

The Office - the most awesome show! No British actors but the show was based off of a British show also called The Office.





Damian Lewis - main character on another awesome show, Life. He is British not American. I guess if he sounded British as an L.A. cop it wouldn't fit too well.







Rufus Sewell - main character of a new show called Eleventh Hour. British again, never seen the show so I'm not sure if he could carry the accent.
















Kevin McKidd - main character on Journeyman. Not British, a Scott. The show is okay. He was in The Maid of Honor and has a VERY Scottish accent.
















Hugh Laurie - main character of House M.D. He is British and could use his natural accent as a doctor and have it work. So why make him sound like an American?




This is just an observation that I've made. I might of even missed some other actors that are British on American T.V., I wouldn't be surprised.

3 comments:

morninglory kitsch said...

don't forget simon baker, 'the mentalist'.

我爱掼蛋网 said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG

fishing net said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!
Rope,Twine