Friday, September 19, 2008

Rendezvous for Austen!

Just recently I read Austenland and wondered if such a place existed. I don't want to go and "cheat" on my husband, but just being able to go somewhere that is set during the Regency Era and feel like a character out of one of Austen's books would be pretty awesome. I did a little research on the internet and although I didn't find a place where you pay to go and become part of an "Austenland" I did find that the U.S. has a Jane Austen Festival yearly in (of all places) Louisiana. Here's the link www.janeaustenfestival.org it looks pretty cool and there's a ton to participate in. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days.

2 comments:

JaneFan said...

There's also the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA) that has regional chapters and events, as well as an annual meeting in a different part of the US or Canada every year. www.jasna.org

Michelle said...

You never know where some fan-group will pop up and become successful. Who would have ever thought Shakespeare and red-rock would fit, but the Utah Shakespearean Festival has won Tony awards. Yay for randomness!