Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Lecture

Randy Pausch is the author of this book and died recently in July of this year from pancreatic cancer. I saw him interviewed by Diane Sawyer early this year and I was amazed by this guy who was dying yet was so full of life. I had wanted to read this book and listen to "The Last Lecture" that he gave at the university where he taught, tonight I finished the book. I was brought to tears several times. To think of his family going on without him and how hard it must be to go through something like this. He did so many amazing things for his family though before he left this Earth. He wanted to leave a legacy for his children who are still very small and he did that! He made sure his wife was taken care of and he left words of wisdom for not only his family but the whole world. Please take the time to read this. You'll come away wanting to be a better person and cherish life more.

2 comments:

morninglory kitsch said...

It did make for an enjoyable film, though. Besides, if you're going to have James McAvoy in a movie, don't you want to see him as much as possible? I do. But it was more of a 'in the spirit of Austen' movie.

Have you read 'The Prestige'?

morninglory kitsch said...

I ask because 'The Prestige' is a perfect example of a great movie and a great book and the 2 being almost nothing alike.