Sunday, April 27, 2008

"The Kite Runner" Review

So I won't ruin the story for those of you that have not read this book, but I will say it takes stomach to get through some parts. This historical fiction is about the power of friendship, betrayal and redemption. Some parts seem extremly predictable and maybe even a little far-fetched, but overall it has a great story and moral.

I rented the movie but have not yet watched it. I'm curious how closely the movie follows the book. I will keep you posted.

Anyway, I liked this book alot. It's always interesting to learn about different cultures. I never knew that Afganistan used to be a very peaceful country. I guess like many other I just assumed that this country had been ravaged by war for centuries. I feel sad for people who have to flee their country to escape war, persecution and poverty. I only hope that our beloved country will stay strong and not become like so many others. Back to the book, I definitely recommend everyone reading this story it's very rich and loaded with detail. Overall I give this book a rating of 3.75 out of 5.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So what did you find predictable? I'm pretty dense most of the time so it takes something that a three year old would predict before I will. Maybe you're brighter than I (which would not surprise me at all).